Every parent should be aware that astigmatism in children can be a problem if not treated or diagnosed early. To help anyone with kids you can follow these general guidelines on the 7 astigmatism symptoms you can identify that your child could be suffering from and how to correct an astigmatism in a toddler if required in a natural and safe way. Though these guidelines are not set in stone it’s useful to know the basics of astigmatism and how it really affects all of us, adult or child.
Astigmatism is a condition that commonly inflicts adults, most especially the aging individuals. However, according to research and studies, toddler astigmatism symptoms may also occur. Astigmatism in children becomes the area of interest, most especially amongst parents with children because this condition must be treated immediately. Kids are too young to suffer from eye problems, and it could be very uncomfortable for them. Especially if the problem persists and eventually leads to astigmatism surgery.
Based on growing research, many infants have a higher case of significant astigmatism. According to experts, they claim that a toddler with astigmatism could be hereditary phase. This explains why a lot of children develop astigmatism at a very early age. This condition can not be prevented, but there are various techniques to apply to effectively lower the effects of astigmatism in children in order to correct the problem which are discussed later here.
Kids astigmatism symptoms are common and in moderately high amounts in toddlers and infants, but it usually self corrects as the child grows. When the condition does not cure, or if it persists frequently, it needs to be corrected and treated by a professional eye doctor. When you see any symptoms of astigmatism in children, your toddler in this case, immediately bring them to the doctor for proper diagnosis.
Astigmatism in kids is usually congenital and present at birth, but it could also develop after an eye surgery or when the child experiences an eye injury. It is essential to understand what the cause of the eye condition is so that it would be easier to find the most effective eye treatment for the child.
So how do you treat astigmatism in infants? Well, there are various symptoms of astigmatism in children that parents need to look for. It is necessary to become aware of these symptoms so that you would know if your child is suffering from eye problems like astigmatism.
7 Signs To Look For In Your Children
1 – When kids move their head by tilting or turning so to see better
2 – When your child experiences frequent headache
3 – Easily experiences eye strain and discomfort
4 – When children have a difficulty in becoming focused on what they say
5 – When kids would have a tough time focusing on a particular object
6 – When a child moves away from too much light
7 – When he constantly closes his eyes
Kids especially the toddlers and infants would not be able to say how they really feel, so as a parent, are these symptoms enough to see that there is something wrong with your child’s eyes? It would be best to have your child undergo regular eye tests to find out if he or she is really suffering from any eye problem. Therefore, an eye test is truly necessary for kids and the best way to find an answer for astigmatism in children quickly and effectively.
Infants and toddlers are younger, and for parents with children suffering from astigmatism it could definitely crush their hearts. The great news is that there are various natural remedies to treat astigmatism in children. They are much recommended in applying because they are safe and very comfortable to utilize in kids.
Natural Treatments For Astigmatism in Children
These natural treatments are readily available because they can be found and applied conveniently at home. Here are some of the natural remedies to apply in treating astigmatism in children:
• Kids must consume the right food, which will allow them to achieve healthy and functioning eyes. They must ingest food rich with protein such as eggs, fish, poultry and meats. They also need vitamin A, which are commonly present in fresh fruits and vegetables.
• Parents must see to it that their kids should rest their eyes. Astigmatism would get worse when the eyes are strained. As responsible parents, they should ensure that their kids would be able to have enough sleep so that their eyes can also rest.
• Herbal remedies- Herbal remedies can also be an effective natural treatment for astigmatism in children. These natural herbs can be applied to the eyes locally. Some herbs that can be used as a treatment are rosewater, lime, pine bark extract and grape seed extract. But be sure to check first as some herbs can be strong and create allergies depending on your child.
• Prevent your kids from playing outside during day time when the sun is excruciating. The UV rays of the sun could cause more damage to their eyes. When they step out, it is advised that they wear ultra violet protected sunglasses to keep their eyes protected. This is an excellent preventive measure to use for astigmatism in children because kids love wearing sunglasses, it’s fun for them and at the same time it’s stress-free for parents to implement.
• Keep your kids away from someone who is smoking. The smoke would irritate their sensitive eyes, which will eventually cause serious eye problems. If you are smoking, it would be the perfect time to quit this habit for the sake of your own child.
• Prevent your kids from watching TV for long periods or use the computer the entire day. You may be asking yourself though as a parent, “does watching tv cause astigmatism?” Think back when you were younger, how many hours of tv did you watch? You may have watched a few hours here and there, but I’ll bet you took part in a great number of outdoor activities in the summer which kept you occupied. In today’s world of the iphone, internet, xbox games and fancy gadgets, the effect of astigmatism in children while watching tv or playing the latest playstation game can lead to longer-term and serious damage of the eyes as they get older. Television and computers could easily strain their eyes, which can contribute to their astigmatism. Schedule their times when they watch TV so that they can rest their eyes properly. This is a must to prevent astigmatism in children from getting worse at an early age.
• Teach your child eye exercises, as these exercises will keep their eyes healthy. One recommended eye exercise for astigmatism in children is to make sure that the child performs the exercise in non glaring light. Kids must also not strain their eyes while doing the eye exercises, and it is necessary to have some breaks from time to time. Astigmatism can go away in toddlers but it’s up to you the parents to teach them to keep their eyes safe by introducing natural measures, such as eye exercises to their everyday activities.
If you’re toddler’s astigmatism is getting worse or you can’t seem to find a solution then there are various good quality eye-exercise programs available out there, one of the ones we recommend is a program by Dr Janet Goodrich. Although not primarily targeted for astigmatism in kids, it’s a very good starting point to get familiar with eye-exercises and how they work to restore healthy natural eyesight. If you would like to find out more about astigmatism, myopia, presbyopia or hyperopia visit the site below.
• Vitamins for the eyes can also help astigmatism in children. Evidence shows that nutrition is the key to achieve general health of the eyes. Proper nutrition may improve better vision and reduce the symptoms of astigmatism. Doctors can prescribe the right vitamins that are safe for kids to consume, so consult your child’s eye doctor to make sure.
• Application of Natural Creams- One of the most effective natural eye care to apply is natural creams. These creams contain healing and natural properties of plants and flowers, which are effective in treating itchiness and soreness of the eyes. These products are often found in pharmacies and over the counter stores, as well as in health shops.
These are the natural treatments to apply, in order to alleviate and treat astigmatism in children. They are most recommended employing because they provide positive effects, plus they are extremely safe to use. Children are younger; therefore, their eyes must not be compared with adults.
These natural options require a delicate treatment and approach so that they can defeat the problematic eye conditions associated with astigmatism in children. It’s important for a child to be able see a lot of beautiful things in a clear manner when growing up so that they can fondly remember a happy and colorful childhood. It’s up to parents to do all they can and prevent astigmatism in children with the options available to them.