Every parent should be aware that astigmatism in children can be a problem if not treated or diagnosed early. To help anyone with kids you can follow these general guidelines on the 7 astigmatism symptoms you can identify that your child could be suffering from and how to correct an astigmatism in a toddler if required in a natural and safe way. Though these guidelines are not set in stone it’s useful to know the basics of astigmatism and how it really affects all of us, adult or child.
Astigmatism is a condition that commonly inflicts adults, most especially the aging individuals. However, according to research and studies, toddler astigmatism symptoms may also occur. Astigmatism in children becomes the area of interest, most especially amongst parents with children because this condition should be treated immediately. Kids are too young to suffer from eye problems, and it could be very uncomfortable for them. Especially if the problem persists and eventually leads to a more serious matter.
Based on growing research, many infants have a higher case of significant astigmatism. According to experts, they claim that a toddler with astigmatism could be a hereditary phase. This explains why a lot of children develop astigmatism at a very early age. This condition, unfortunately cannot not be prevented outright, but there are various techniques you can apply to effectively lower the effects of astigmatism in kids and back-up your child’s eyesight health with a good diet containing vitamins C and A , vitamin B9 also known as folic acid and vitamins B-6 and B-12. A combination of a healthy diet and common sense can make a big difference to your child’s overall vision and the effects of astigmatism.
Kids astigmatism symptoms are common and in moderately high amounts in toddlers and infants, but it usually self corrects as the child grows. When the condition does not cure, or if it persists frequently, it needs to be corrected and treated by a professional eye doctor. When you see any symptoms of astigmatism developing in your children, your toddler in this case, immediately take them to yourfor proper diagnosis.
Astigmatism in kids is usually congenital and present at birth, but it could also develop after an eye surgery or when the child experiences an eye injury. It is essential to understand what the cause of the eye condition is so that it would be easier to find the most effective eye treatment for the child.
So how do you treat astigmatism in infants? Well, there are various symptoms of astigmatism in children that parents need to look for. It is necessary to become aware of these symptoms so that you would know if your child is suffering from eye problems like astigmatism.
7 Signs To Look For In Your Children
1 – When kids move their head by tilting or turning so to see better
2 – When your child experiences frequent headache
3 – Easily experiences eye strain and discomfort
4 – When children have a difficulty in becoming focused on what they say
5 – When kids would have a tough time focusing on a particular object
6 – When a child moves away from too much light
7 – When kids constantly close their eyes
Kids especially the toddlers and infants in your family are not able to say how they really feel, so as a parent, are these symptoms enough to see that there is something wrong with your child’s eyes? It would be best to have your child undergo regular eye tests to find out if he or she is really suffering from any eye problem. Therefore, an eye test is important and necessary for kids and a effective way to find out what your child is exactly suffering from. In some cases it might not be astigmatism, it maybe something completely different.
Infants and toddlers are younger, and for parents with children suffering from astigmatism it could definitely crush their hearts. The great news is that there are various natural remedies to treat astigmatism in children. They are safe and very comfortable to utilize in kids.
Natural Treatments For Astigmatism in Children
These natural treatments are readily available because they can be found and applied conveniently at home. Here are some of the natural remedies to apply in treating astigmatism in children:
• Kids must consume the right vitamins from foods, which will allow them to achieve healthy and functioning eyes. They must ingest food rich with protein such as eggs, fish, poultry and meats. They also need vitamin A, which is commonly present in fresh fruits and vegetables. We mentioned certain vitamins earlier and many of these can be found in fruits and vegetables but if your child absolutely hates eating prepared greens there is a clever way around it by using a supplement. Not only will you save time and energy as a parent when you’re normally buying groceries during rush hour at the end of the week, coming home to prepare the meal and then trying to convince your child to “eat up, it’s good for you”. You’ll be spared all this hassle and giving your child those all-important eye healthy vitamins will simply be a breeze.
Essential Vitamins For Your Kids;
Vitamin A belongs to a group of antioxidant compounds and protects the exterior surface of the eyes by fighting off eye infections. Not only this but it can also be helpful for immune system protection and the essential bone growth of a child.
Vitamin E is also a important antioxidant that fights off free radicals and limits cell damage for young and growing eyes. It can be found in sweet potatoes and nuts too.
Vitamin C is known worldwide from studies and is recognized as an essential building block for strong capillaries which maintain a healthy blood flow to and from the eyes. It’s benefits are many. Oranges are a great source of vitamin c, but kale and yellow bell peppers have much more.
Vitamin B-12 is very important for the nerves to sustain a healthy day to day function and are vital for red blood cell creation. If your child has a low intake of this vitamin it can have a adverse affect on their eyes. Fortified cereals, chicken eggs and most red meats contain this vitamin.
Folic Acid also known as Vitamin B-9 naturally promotes a more healthy and positive feeling and supports eyes, skin and a healthier liver. It can be found in spinach, asparagus, broccoli, just think “green” and you’ll be on the right track.
All The Vitamins Your Child Needs For All Round Health And Better Eyesight:
• Parents must also see to it that their kids rest their eyes. A good sound sleep can rest the eye muscles so they are ready and healthy for the next morning. Refreshed eyes are better than strained eyes.
• Herbal remedies can also be an effective natural treatment. Natural herbs can be applied to the eyes locally. Some herbs that can be used as a treatment are rosewater, lime, pine bark extract and grape seed extract. But be sure to check first as some herbs can be strong and create allergies and they maybe uncomfortable resulting in a stinging sensation that your child may have to endure needlessly.
• Try to guide your kids away from playing outside during day time when the sun is excruciating. The UV rays of the sun could cause more damage to their eyes. When they step out, it is advised that they wear ultra violet protected sunglasses to keep their eyes protected. This is an excellent preventive measure. Kids love wearing sunglasses, it’s fun for them and at the same time it’s stress-free for parents to implement.
• Keep your kids away from someone who is smoking. The smoke can irritate their sensitive and growing eyes, which can sometimes lead to serious eye problems. If you are smoking, it would be the perfect time to quit this habit for the sake of your own child or if you just occasionally smoke then you can do it when the kids are not around.
• Try to prevent your kids from watching TV for long periods or use the computer the entire day. You may be asking yourself though as a parent, “does watching tv cause astigmatism?” Think back when you were younger, how many hours of tv did you watch? You may have watched a few hours here and there, but I’ll bet you took part in a great number of outdoor activities in the summer which kept you occupied. In today’s world of the iphone, internet, xbox games and fancy gadgets, the effect this can have of on children while watching tv or playing the latest playstation game can lead to longer-term and serious damage of the eyes as they get older. Television and computers could easily strain their eyes, which can contribute to their astigmatism. Schedule their times when they watch TV so that they can rest their eyes properly.
• Teach your child eye exercises, as these exercises will keep their eyes healthy. One tip is to make sure that your child performs the exercise in non glaring light. Kids must also not strain their eyes while doing eye exercises, and it is necessary to have some breaks from time to time.
Parents can teach them to keep their eyes safe by introducing natural measures, such as eye exercises to their everyday activities. There are many simple eye exercise tips available online and in comprehensive books which can guide you in clear step by step detail.
• Application of Natural Creams- One of the most effective natural eye care treatments is to apply is natural creams. These creams contain healing and natural properties of plants and flowers, which are effective in treating itchiness and soreness of the eyes. These products are often found in pharmacies and over the counter stores, as well as in health shops.
These are the natural treatments to apply, in order to alleviate and treat astigmatism in children. They are most recommended employing because they provide positive effects, plus they are extremely safe to use. Children are younger; therefore, their eyes must not be compared with adults.
These natural options require a delicate treatment and approach so that they can defeat the problematic eye conditions associated with astigmatism in children. It’s important for a child to be able see a lot of beautiful things in a clear manner when growing up so that they can fondly remember a happy and colorful childhood. It’s up to parents to do all they can and prevent astigmatism in children with the options available to them.